I don’t think I know anyone that does not love pizza in some form. The issue is that when eating a low-carb lifestyle, enjoying pizza can be difficult. But there are ways.
I have made low carb pizza using tortillas with only 5 net carbs and it is delicious! I have also enjoyed pizza by using cheese as the crust. Hmmm – I have not posted that recipe on here. Need to do that.
I have also enjoyed eating a thin crust pizza slice and then eating just the toppings on a second piece. At least I get the flavor! YUM. Another option I have seen is to use eggplant as the base, but I have not tried that.
Many people will make a crust out of cauliflower and then add the toppings. I have to tell you that I am not a huge fan of that veggie, but I know many people love it so I am sharing the recipe here for you to try out. Maybe it will become your go to favorite.
Cauliflower Veggie Crust Pizza Recipe
– One large head of cauliflower
– 2 large eggs
– 2 cups skim mozzarella cheese
Remember this is for the crust only; you are free to add whatever toppings you like and create a practically carb free pizza.
* Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
* Use a food processor to grate your cauliflower and cook in microwave for 10 minutes until tender
* Allow to cool and squeeze dry with a towel, if necessary
* Mix in egg and cheese
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Roll out into piecrust, place on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray or parchment paper
* Bake about 15-20 minutes
When your crust is done, feel free to place any veggies on top or a little sauce and some basil. Bake again for a 10-15 minutes until cheese and toppings are warm. Enjoy!
Let me know how it works out.