I have been juicing for quite a while now. As with anything there are pros and cons to juicing. I was at the store the other day I walked by the section of bottled juices and I thought I would do a comparison about whether to choose fresh blended or bottled juice.
Which is easier. Which is more cost effective. Which is better overall
Here are my thoughts –
Bottled or Fresh Blended Juice?
- Fresh up to the minute
- Easy to create your own recipes
- Choose your own ingredients
- Very healthy for you
- Cost-effective – The ingredients for seven days juices cost about $10.15. That equates to $1.45 per 32 ounce jar
- Can blend ahead 4-5 days in store in Mason jars
- No sugars, no added ingredients, no chemicals
- Must have efficient juice extractor
- Can be a pain to pull out the ingredients every day – that’s why I juice prep ahead
- Have to shop for fresh ingredients twice a week
- Assortment of flavors and blends
- Relatively healthy for you depending on the choice and brand
- Several bottle sizes
- More expensive option – $3.92 for a 32 oz. serving
- Added ingredients you may not want – like juice, which means added sugars
- Available only in certain stores
For me the best option is fresh blending. I purchased a Nutribullet and it has lasted me quite a while and is still going strong. My own juices are fresh, taste great, and are cost effective. I can drink one any time and can afford to have several a day, if I need. Great for lowering sugars and bloat flushing, by the way
The pros and cons of bottled or fresh blended juice show me that I am on the right track health wise and that fresh juice is the best option for me.
What about you? What is your best option when it comes to juicing for health?